Panostaja is an investment company developing Finnish companies in the service and software sectors as an active shareholder. Panostaja provides investors with a unique channel for investing in Finnish growth companies with high expected yields through a balanced diversified portfolio. The company aims to be the most sought-after partner for business owners selling their companies as well as for the best managers and investors. Together with its partners, Panostaja strives to increase shareholder value and create Finnish success stories. Read more
Panostaja’s strategy involves three main goals:
- securing the top expertise in the capital investment field and building an adviser network for the selected service and software sectors in Finland,
- creating a balanced investment portfolio whose total value creation is also supported by the competence synergies between the segments, and
- cementing responsibility as a key element in value creation and investment activities.
Potential investment targets that match Panostaja’s investment criteria are Finnish service and software companies with net sales in the range of MEUR 5–50. The investment targets boast significant growth potential, a positive cash flow forecast, competent management and a responsible business model. To realize the value creation potential, we choose the moment of divestment independently with our owner partners.
Panostaja has a majority holding in four investment targets. The investment targets in which Panostaja has a majority holding and Panostaja’s parent company form the Panostaja Group. The Panostaja Group employs about 1,200 people. Panostaja’s shares (PNA1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Stock Exchange. In the 2021 financial period, the Group’s official net sales totaled MEUR 133.0.
Established in 1984, Panostaja is one of the oldest capital investment companies in Finland. Panostaja’s shares were listed in the Helsinki Stock Exchange in 1989.
Why invest in Panostaja?
Competitive advantage through sector-specific focus
- We focus our investments in the service and software sectors and turn this into a competitive advantage by ensuring that the chosen sectors end up with the best concentration of expertise in the Finnish capital investment field
- We work with a tight network of advisers, which increases the breadth and depth of expertise in the chosen sectors
- The total value creation is supported by the synergies between the segments
Unlisted growth companies have high profit potential
- We are a unique and highly liquid channel for investing in growing Finnish SMEs
- SMEs have high earnings expectations
- To realize the value creation potential, we choose the moment of divestment independently with our owner partners
Diverse and balanced investment portfolio supported by growth trends
- We focus our investments in the service and software sectors where development opportunities are supported by clean growth trends
- Ownership is distributed to several companies in different fields of operation and different stages of growth
- The chosen focus sectors provide sufficient diversification opportunities thanks to their scale
Active value creation
- Proof of value creation as an active owner: we have built numerous success stories specifically in the service and software sectors
- We include responsibility as an integral part of value creation
- Tried and tested operating model and more than 30 years of experience in the development of growth companies
- Management systems, development processes and tools that support value creation
Our Strategy – Active Owner
Panostaja is an investment company that owns and develops growing SMEs in the service and software sectors. We identify the value creation and growth potential of companies. Our systematic operating model for value creation enables controlled change processes and the acceleration of growth. To realize the value creation potential, we choose the moment of divestment independently with our owner partners.
Our core mission
We generate value as a responsible owner-partner, accelerating growth and the implementation of changes.
- Entrepreneurial Approach and Profitability
- Renewal and Expertise
- Trust and Openness
Main Themes 2022-2024
We make industry focus a competitive advantage
- We focus on companies in the service and software sectors
- Securing the top expertise in the capital investment field for the selected service and software sectors
- Substantial added value for segment development, and increasing the competitiveness and efficiency of investment activities
- Trend-supported growth and new business opportunities in the chosen fields
We build a balanced and renewed portfolio
- We build a balanced portfolio that aligns with the sector-specific focus and is supported by growth trends
- The first phase of the portfolio update was completed in 2021
- New investments as an essential goal
- We make the development of responsibility a key element in value creation and investment activities to enable sustainable growth and identify new business opportunities
Our operating method
Recognizing the value creation potential of a company and preparing an investment strategy
Purchasing a shareholding and engaging other owners
Investments from the company´s own balance enable independently guided and flexible ownership→
Selecting the correct divestment time with the owner partners
Realization of value increases in conjunction with the sale of holdings
Supporting and enabling the implementation of the investment strategy
Systematic operating model for value creation – development programs, tools and systems
Developing management and competence, and ensuring permanent value creation